**2 months' rent required as a deposit.**
**Professionals or postgraduates only.**
## Apartment description
This 2-bedroom apartment has so much to love about it that it's hard to know where to start! Tastefully modern, with carefully revealed original features, it is clear that a great deal of thought and care has gone into creating this stylish and high-tech space.
In the large, open-plan living area with sofas and a TV, you will live in comfort, with warm mood lighting for chilly evenings, and AC for the sweltering midday sun. Much of the apartment is interior but is still bright, as it is on the top floor and has plenty of big windows and skylights. Exposed, dark-stained wooden beams contrast tastefully with the smooth chrome surfaces in the kitchen. The spacious bathroom glistens and exudes modernity - it has a rainfall shower! You'll love living here.
This property is on Calle del Olmo, and the narrow streets outside are lively, colourful, and bustling. All around you, you can find hidden gems: a taberna with delicious homemade tapas here; a gorgeous faux-classical façade on a building there (Cine Doré, just around the corner, check it out). 10-minutes to Sol. 15 to Retiro. The bustle of La Latina, and authenticity of Lavapiés on your doorstep. This place is worth every penny.
## What we liked most
* Our favourite feature? The carefully exposed, original wood beams, retaining some of the building's old character, whilst allowing in plenty of light from the skylights.
* Or is our favourite feature the high-tech, remote controlled skylights which have automatic rain sensors?
* Of course, the general modern style of the furnishings and brand new fittings are another thing to love...
* Really, this is just a pretty fantastic apartment.
* You will also be living within easy walking distance of the entire centre of the city; the palace, plaza Mayor, Sol, Retiro, El Prado... all just a few minute's walk from the apartment.
* And if you do need to commute, the metro is mere moments from the front door!
## Additional details
* Property type: apartment
* Floor: 3rd
* Elevator: no
* Number of bathrooms: 1
* Wi-Fi installed: yes
* Wi-Fi activated: yes
## Landlord policies
* Speaks English: yes
* Lives in property: no
* Deposit: 2 months’ rent
* Payment method: bank transaction
* Insurance: optional – €70 per year, covering robbery (stays of less than 1 year will pay €6 per month)
* Antón Martín Metro station (line 1) is a 2-minute walk from the apartment.
* Madrid Atocha train station is an 11-minute walk away, offering access to multiple Cercanías and national train services.
* All of central Madrid is easily reached on foot.
## Neighborhood description
Embajadores, although commonly known by the majority of Madrid locals as Lavapiés, is Madrid’s old judería. Today, it is a labyrinth of narrow streets, faded facades and a culturally diverse population between spaniards and immigrants alike. During the 1980s, during the Movida Madrileña, Lavapiés was the center of the artistic movement, which has given this part of the city a cultural element as well as an abundance of places to enjoy cañas(beers) or different ethnic foods. Other areas of interest are on the edge of the neighborhood, which are the Reina Sofia museum and the Teatro Valle-Inclán.
## Neighborhood HD Video