***This landlord requires 2 months rent as a security deposit.***
## Apartment description
A fantastic one bedroom apartment which has been recently renovated to a very high standard. This 42 sqm apartment offers one bathroom, a living area and a separate kitchen. It is located on Calle de la Cruz, a lively street in the heart of the city, a few steps away from Puerta del Sol. If you are a light sleeper who is worried about living in the middle of a bustling city as Madrid, then this apartment is for you, as this interior home is silent, as it faces a light-well rather than the street.
## HD Video tour
## What we liked most
* If you are planning to have friends or family visit you during your stay in Madrid, then this apartment is a great option as the sofa in the living area opens up to create a double bed.
* The bathroom is brand new and has a handy electric towel heater.
* The bedroom is nicely presented, furnished with a comfortable double bed with a crisp white duvet cover.
* It offers good storage space with a built-in wardrobe, two bedside tables and extra storage space underneath the bed.
* There are single electrical heaters available and the bedroom has a ceiling fan.
## Things to keep in mind
* There is a high table with only two chairs in the living area to have your meals, or alternatively you could use the coffee table by the sofa.
* The kitchen is small, and though it offers a good range of appliances it doesn't have an oven.
## Additional details
This apartment is located on the third floor of a building which is equipped with an elevator. It has single electric heaters and electric water heating. The price of rent includes council tax only, all utilities (water, electricity and Wi-Fi) are additional. The minimum lease for this apartment is 180 days (6 months). You can dry your washing using the strings in the backyard.
## Landlord policies
The English speaking landlord doesn't live on the property. Smoking and pets are not allowed. Rent can be paid by cash or bank transaction. A two-month deposit is required.
Puerta del Sol is located three minutes away from the apartment, providing access to Cercanias trains C-3 and C-4 and metro lines 1, 2 and 3. Metro stations Tirso de Molina and Anton Martin (line 1) are both located 6 minutes away from the apartment.
## Neighborhood description
Puerta del Sol is one of Madrid’s biggest plazas and a major hub for city life both day and night. It also marks the exact geographical center of Madrid, known as Kilómetro Cero, and is a common meeting place. To the east is the iconic Plaza Mayor, and finally the Palacio Real, or Royal Palace, which stands on the grounds of the original palace from the 9th century along with a tiny citadel called al-Mudayna. To the east of Sol is known as Huertas or &'El Barrio de las Letras&'(the literary neighborhood). It has a long intellectual history, with many of the great madrileño writers of the Siglo de Oro once residing there, such as Lope de Vega, Quevedo, and the most famous of them all, Miguel de Cervantes Savedra. The Plaza de Santa Ana is one of the most emblematic spots in the neighborhood. It is a pedestrian paradise with limited traffic access, especially visiting the unique shops and the traditional tapas bars and party spots along Calle Huertas, with numerous bars luring potential patrons from all sides, while the side streets off of Huertas are more calm. The neighborhood is great for people who want to be in the center of touristic Madrid, near museums (with the Paseo de Prado just a few steps away), great restaurants and nightlife.
## Neighborhood HD Video
## Floor plan