If you like to spread your wings, this roomy 1-bedroom apartment to rent on Calle de Valderribas is the place to do it. The kitchen, while fully equipped, is the tightest spot, but this is fairly typical of many European apartments. It’s certainly spacious enough for a fridge, stove, washing machine and dishwasher. The bedroom has twin beds and, similar to the kitchen, a window that has an interior patio view, which makes it a quiet place to get your rest. The open-plan dining and living room, furnished with a 5-seat table, sofa, chair, TV and stand, is fantastic. There is a three-panel window that acts more like a mini-solarium. You not only get tons of natural light, but there is a street view, and you’ll get a nice breeze if you open the windows during the summer months.
Retiro is a quiet neighborhood in this large bustling city. However, it’s also a centrally located area, so you won’t have to go far to get to all the popular sights in Madrid. The most incredible defining feature of this place is the huge El Retiro Park, which is just a 15-minute walk north of your apartment. Of course, this is just to get to the edge of the park, because it is a sprawling green space filled with ample activities and sights. Closer to your home are a couple of nightclubs and restaurants. There is a supermarket just 7 minutes away and you can reach a cinema and an El Corte Inglés shopping mall with a 15-minute walk.
* While the kitchen is compact, it has everything you need, and the rest of the apartment is very spacious.
* There is a lot of light in the apartment, making it a great place to wake up.
* There are three supermarkets and a cinema nearby.
* The beautiful El Retiro park is only 15 minutes away.
* Property type: apartment
* Floor area: 50?m²
* Floor: 1st
* Elevator: yes
* Number of bathrooms: 1
* Wi-Fi installed: yes
* Wi-Fi activated: yes
* Bed linen and towels included in rent
* Parking available for €100 per month
* Pacifico, the closest metro station to the apartment, is on lines 1 and 6 and you can reach it with a 7-minute walk.
* There are several bus stops serving multiple lines on Calle del Dr. Esquerdo and Av. de la Ciudad de Barcelona, within a 5-minute radius. And if you need a night bus, you can catch one near the Pacifico metro station.
* The Atocha railway station is a 10-minute drive away, but you can also just walk there in about 25 minutes.
Artwork and rose gardens.
Crystal palaces and parks.
Living in Retiro, you have all these things and more at your fingertips.
It’s home to the titanic Retiro Park. Locals call it the “green lung of Madrid.” It’s very designed, very elegant, and more than a little romantic. A Spanish Juliet and her Romeo have no doubt stolen a kiss on the shady path between the fir trees and lake.
It’s also the best place you can go to relax, eat a picnic, stretch out on the grass and take your Saturday-afternoon *siesta.*
Retiro is central, but without the rush of normal Madrid life. So if you seek a quiet and beauty, come to Retiro.
**What can I do here?**
Shop till seven at the local boutiques.
Admire Velazquez and Goya paintings in the Prado Museum. The last 2 hours of each day, you get in free.
By now your feet will be sore, so meet your friends for dinner and drinks. Cibeles Palace is a good choice. The 6th floor is a rooftop terrace.
If it’s a full stomach you’re after, consider Alfredo's Barbacoa: barbecued steaks, chili con carne and juicy 250?g burgers. The meat is from bull calves fattened for 48 months. Delicious.
On Sunday you belong in Parque del Buen Retiro. It’s a genteel 350-acre park, one of Europe’s best. You’ll find squirrels, migratory birds and 15,000 shady trees. One of them, a 400-year-old cypress, is the oldest in Madrid.
Monuments and sculptures surround you:
* the Fountain of the Fallen Angel
* Hercules and the Nemean lion
* the 58-metre-high monument to King Alfonso XII
You can also row an iconic blue boat across the green waters of the park lake. Say hi to the ducks and terrapins for us.
There’s a lot here.
In Retiro Park, you can see the famous Fountain of the Fallen Angel, one of the only depictions of Satan worldwide. Avant-garde.
**Can I afford it?**
Get in touch: <#removed#>