## Apartment description
A cozy and affordable 1 bedroom apartment is available to rent in the El Raval neighborhood, in the heart of Barcelona. Great for professionals, students, or postgraduates, this 45 sqm apartment is comfortably furnished and has a fully equipped kitchen, including an oven. The living room features a sofa bed, dining table for two, shelving and a large window with a street view. In the full bathroom you will find the washing machine and a shower/bath. Carrer d'En Robador is very centrally located and offers easy access to parks, museums, shopping, restaurants, and many of Barcelona's most famous sights. There is a large library just down the street, and the beach a 30 minute walk away.
## HD Video tour
## What we liked most
* The apartment is being rented at a great price, especially considering its central location and Barcelona's high cost of living.
* The famous Mercado de la Boqueria and Las Ramblas are just a 5 minute walk away. You will be living in the vibrant heart of Barcelona.
* The sofa converts into a double bed, so you can easily have guests despite only having 1 bedroom.
## Things to keep in mind
* This apartment is quite small, however despite its size it includes amenities like an oven, washing machine, and sizable shower.
* There is no TV or microwave.
* El Raval receives a lot of tourists, so it is important to be aware of pickpockets in the area. Nevertheless the area is generally safe and violent crime is not an issue.
* Though cleaning service is included in the rent, cleaning products need to be purchased by the tenants.
* Carrer d'En Robador has plenty of character, and some 'characters' are known to work throughout the night. This street is known for being a red light district.
## Additional details
This apartment is located on the 5th floor of a building which is not equipped with an elevator. It has single electric heating and electric water heating. You can dry your clothes on an individual rack inside the flat. Wi-Fi is installed and activated in the property.
A 5 minute walk will take you to Liceu and Drassanes (line 3) metro stations. Buses 14, 59, 91, 120, N9, N12, and N15 stop very close to the flat. Many of the city's most famous sites can be reached on foot.
## Neighborhood description
El Raval: Located to the left of Les Rambles between two of Barcelona’s major markets, El Mercat de Sant Josep (better known as La Boquería) and El Mercat de Sant Antoni, the former red light district is a diverse and thriving area that’s ripe for exploring. You’ll find the MACBa (Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona), the Filmoteca, and the Centre de la Cultura Contemporania nestled in this district as well. This is a great area to shop for clothes, and though the increased gentrification is pushing out small businesses, you can still find more of a variety than the designer stores in L’Eixample. In spite of not having the cleanest nor safest streets, this area is definitely worth visiting.
## Floor plan