**The city dream**
_Because it's central and elegant_
**Will I like it here?**
Absolutely. You are in the heart of Berlin but have a sleek and peaceful atmosphere.
**Really? Tell me more...**
You'll love the stylish black-and-white decor that is complemented by vintage style pieces. You also have a modern bathroom and lots of natural light.
We think the apartment is perfect for couples or professionals.
**Your top 3 reasons to live here:**
- You can sleep as soundly as you do at hotels in your queen-size bed.
- We love the spacious balcony and it's charming courtyard views.
- If you wanted Mitte, you definitely will have it.
**But you need to know this...**
- The kitchen is sleek but with a small countertop.
**Our Homechecker, Marco, said:**
_“It doesn't get more central than this.”_
**Give it to me straight...**
This is a 1st floor, 1-bedroom apartment on Veteranenstraße, Berlin. The apartment is located in the heart of the city and has sleek design with charming courtyard views.
We think the apartment will provide you the perfect balance of relaxation and fun.
- Lounging in bed with a book on a cold winter night.
- Setting up chairs to have a meal or drinks with friends out on your balcony.
- Being able to walk everywhere because you're in Mitte.
- You may need more space to cook but the kitchen is beautiful and fully equipped.
- Property type: apartment
- Floor area: 50?m²
- Floor: 1st
- Elevator: no
- Number of bathrooms: 1
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Wi-Fi installed: yes
- Smoking: not allowed
- Pets: not allowed
- Deposit: 2 months’ rent
- **Bills and other costs**
- Utility bills: €200 per month included in price of rent (excess payable to landlord)
- _GEZ-Gebühr _(TV license): yes, included in rent
- _Gemeindesteuern _(council tax): yes, included in rent
- _Wohnsteuer_ (residence tax): yes, included in rent
- _Kommunalsteuer_ (community tax): yes, included in rent
- **Additional documentation:**
- ID / Passport
- Work Contract
- University Acceptance letter (if applicable)
- Recent Paychecks / Bank Statement
- Home Insurance
- Your landlord speaks: English, German
- Your landlord does not live on the property.
- The apartment is a 6-minute walk from:
- The Rosenthaler Platz U-Bahn Station
**In one word:** Modern (and central!)
**Closest Metro:** Hauptbahnhof, Berlinand's central railway station. Alexanderplatz (U5, S5, S7, S75), Potsdamer Platz (U2, S1, S2, S25), Tiergarten (S5, S7, S75), Stadtmitte (U2), Friedrichstraße (U6), Brandenburger Tor (U55, S1, S2, S25), and Oranienburger Tor (U6)
**Move here to be near:** The Humboldt University of Berlin, Alexanderplatz, Museum Island, Brandenburger Gate, Tiergarten Park, and Reichstag Berlin
**Suitable for:** Families and young professionals
**Can I afford it?** €€ – €€€ (Mid-range – expensive)
As is the case with most city centers, Mitte is busy and touristic. However, it is just as popular with professionals in their 30s, many of whom live in the area surrounding Tiergarten and work in one of the neighborhoodand's numerous startups. No matter your age or profession, you are sure to enjoy the abundance of museums, clubs, and eateries!
**What can I do here?**
Enjoy the shopping and cafes at Hackescher, an open-air market popular with young people. Head to Friedrichstraße if you are looking for more upscale shopping, or to let loose in the evening check out Tresor and Anita Berber, two famous nightclubs in the area.
Mitte had the first traffic light in all of Europe, installed in 1882!