**2 months’ rent required as a deposit.**
**Have a look in our Flatmates section to see who you will be sharing your new home with.**
This 1-bedroom apartment is available for rent on Meldenweg in Neukölln. This apartment has a small kitchen with tiled floors that accesses the bathroom and toilet room through one door and the living room through the other. The living room has a 2-seater dining table and a sofa facing a TV. From here you can access the bedroom which is furnished with a double bed and wardrobe.
This is a great area in Berlin which has restaurants within walking distance for those days when you're too tired to cook. Up the road is a small park with football fields where you could go for a run or kick a ball around with friends.
- From the living room you have access to a small, secluded terrace with 2 deck chairs positioned in the sun.
- The bathroom is equipped with a large spa bath, an excellent way to relax.
- There are good public transport links in the area to take you to other parts of the city.
- Just a short walk from the apartment is a large supermarket as well as a natural foods store where you could buy your groceries.
- The kitchen has all the utensils and equipment you need to cook.
- This apartment is on the lower ground floor, it does still get plenty of light however.
- The apartment is in a residential area, outside of central Berlin.
- Property type: apartment
- Floor area: 50m²
- Floor: -1
- Elevator: no
- Number of bathrooms: 1
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Wi-Fi installed: yes
- TV license: no, not included in rent
- Council tax (Gemeindesteuer): yes, included in rent
- Residence tax (Wohnsteuer): yes, included in rent
- Community tax (Kommunalsteuer): yes, included in rent
- Parking: yes, no cost
- Languages spoken: English, German
- Lives on property: yes
- Smoking: allowed outside
- Pets: not allowed
- Deposit: 2 month’s rent
- Payment method: bank transfer
- **Additional documentation:**
- ID / Passport
This apartment is self contained which means you have your own privacy however the landlords live in the same building. When you enter the apartment stairs lead downward to this apartment and upward to the live-in landlords apartment. The landlord couple are retired and wish to coexist peacefully with the tenants.
- Around the corner you can catch the 171, 373, M11 and N7 buses.
- U Zwickauer Damm station is a 6-minute walk from the apartment and serves metro line U7.
**In one word:** Bohemian
**Closest Metro:** Hermannplatz (U7, U8), Karl Marx Strasse (U7), Berlin Neukölln (U7, S41, S42, S45-47), Rathaus Neukölln (U7), Hermann Strasse (U8, S41, S42, S45-47), and Sonnenallee (S41, S42, S45, S46)
**Move here to be near:** Körnerpark, Britzer Garten, Neukölln Museum, Volkspark Hasenheide, Weser Strasse, and Hufeisensiedlung
**Suitable for:** Students, artists, intellectual 20-somethings
**Can I afford it?** € – €€ (Budget – mid-range)
Whatever your opinion of gentrification, Neukölln is the perfect example of it. Until 1912, this area was known as Rixdorf and it was home to refugees from Bohemia. Today, more than 40% of its occupants are immigrants. The area has undergone a remarkable renaissance and now offers an intriguing mix of Turkish bakeries and hip bars and boutiques.
**What can I do here?**
On Tuesdays and Fridays check out Maybachufer, a famous Turkish market with food, textiles, and other treasures. Wind down on the weekends at one of the areaand's parks, or visit Stadtbad Neukölln, an indoor swimming pool, thermal baths, and sauna. Top it off in the evening with a visit to the beloved burger joint, Berlinburger International, or a specialty cocktail at Tier Bar.
In June, Neukölln plays host to Berlinand's largest art and cultural festival, 48 Stunden Neukölln.